In order to make in-app Salesforce help, searchable diagrams and the ability to leave in-app Salesforce feedback easily accessible to your end users, you need to set up two-side SSO between Elements & Salesforce.
- 4 steps to set up end user access
The availability of in-app help, searchable diagrams and feedback is part of our Enterprise plan. You need to have purchased the correct license to have this functionality enabled.
4 steps to set up end user access
- Install the Elements Chrome Extension for all users in the organization
The Chrome Extension will automatically update when we release improvements, but it can take up to 5 hours to propagate. If you close the Chrome browser and restart it will be automatically updated. If you are using the automated push approach, you can use that to force the update.
- Set up Salesforce to Elements SSO
- Set up auto-login flows in Salesforce
- Grant access to the Production Org Model to individual users / all users (so end users can access contextual, in-app Salesforce help & leave feedback)