With our browser extension you can very easily set up a user adoption platform for your Salesforce implementation. In just a couple of clicks you can embed help topics and collect feedback from end-users on any record page.
You might also want to learn about embedding process content inside Salesforce lightning pages, VisualForce pages, and Utility Bar component.
- Overview and demo
- Adding Salesforce in-app help
- Formatting url links to send as help
First, make sure that all required end-users have accounts in Elements & the two-way SSO between Salesforce & Elements is enabled.
Read this article for a step-by-step guide on how to set it up.
Overview and demo
Adding Salesforce in-app help
Any documentation attachment in the Org Model can be switched to be a Help Topic in either classic, lightning or both. If the help topic is a URL link then it may be able to be displayed in pop-up help. Scroll to the last section for more details.
Adding and managing help can also be done from Salesforce Setup using the Elements browser extension.
You can push the following documentation to Salesforce as end user help:
- Rich text documents: these are perfect for instructions. You can embed images, videos, urls and grids inside the note to make the content more structured and easier to consume.
- Process diagrams: You can simultaneously document your Org and provide contextual process help for end users. Simply link process activities to org model nodes and then you can use these links to push process diagrams as help:
- URLs: videos, documents, websites - anything can be sent as help. Scroll down to the last section to learn how to format different types of urls.
Even if there is no help available, end users can leave feedback on the object page to let their Salesforce Admin know what is required or what is missing. Feedback can relate to configuration or help. Feedback can be left either on the object level or on a field level (in the latter case feedback is available only if there is at least one help article on it).
- Check out this article on how to set up a Salesforce feedback chatter group
- Check out this article on how to analyze all feedback using the feedback grid
You can also analyze how help is being consumed by your end users.