Every Salesforce user can be automatically provisioned as a user in Elements if the Managed Package is installed in the target Salesforce Org.
- Provisioning users
- Unprovisioning users
- Auto-provision new users
- Elements -> Salesforce SSO
In order to provision your Salesforce users to Elements you need:
- A synced Org Model for your Org in Elements
- Salesforce Administrator profile in Salesforce
- An Elements Managed Package installed in your Org
- Elements Admin permission set in Salesforce
- Go to your list of Apps and choose "Elements".
- Open the "Elements Settings" tab
- Open the "Connect users (SSO)" sub-tab
You should see the following screen:
From the selected list you can select individual users that should have access to Elements:
- Use the checkbox to select the users
- Click "Connect users" to provision them to Elements App
The system will create a new Elements user account based on the Salesforce user email. If that email already exists in the system, we will simply connect to that account.
In order to take away someone's access from the Elements App:
- Go to the same screen as explained above
- Find the users you wish to unprovision and uncheck the checkbox against their account
- Click "Disconnect users" to commit the operation
Auto-provision new users
At the bottom of the "Connect Users (SSO)" tab there is an “Assign New Users” checkbox.
If turned on it will give every new user that is added (or signed up!) to your Salesforce Org access to the Elements App.
Elements -> Salesforce SSO
Once the user has been connected they can use their Salesforce username and password to login to the Elements App.
After providing their email on the Elements login screen they will be taken to the Salesforce login screen - or straight to the app if they are already logged in with Salesforce.
Important: In order to set up Salesforce -> Elements SSO, continue to this article.