The Elements Catalyst chrome extension opens up the documentation and insights right panel from your Salesforce Org Model inside Salesforce setup and record pages.
This article deals with the admin insights feature. Check out these other articles:
- Giving access to the admin insights panel inside Salesforce
- Admin insights in Salesforce Setup
- Opening panel by default
- Admin insights on Salesforce Record Pages
Giving access to the admin insights inside Salesforce
Admin insights in Salesforce Setup
The chrome extension inserts the right panel in Salesforce Setup wherever it is available i.e objects, fields, page layouts, Apex classes & triggers, global actions, etc.
This feature is available in Salesforce Lightning:
Opening panel by default
You can set the panel to open as a default wherever there is information to display. Click on the Elements extension icon in the toolbar and set the switch. You will need to set this each time you open Salesforce.
Admin insights on Salesforce Record Pages (Classic)
At the moment you can only open the admin insights right panel on Classic Record Pages. You can open up the right panel by clicking on the Elements icon at the top of the page. You can also click on the Elements Catalyst icon next to any field to open up the right panel for that field.
Record page extension limitations
- We are not able to show the Elements Catalyst insights on some object record pages in Salesforce Classic due to Salesforce API limitations. If an object is not supported you will be informed in the extension.
- We are not able to show the Elements Catalyst insights on record pages of some packages in Salesforce Classic if they have a custom page layout (the MailChimp package is a prime example).