Once you have configured your JIRA-Elements integration, you can send Elements user stories to JIRA. You can choose which JIRA development project to send the story to and using our chrome extension you can even display the Elements documentation and insights natively inside JIRA.
- Sending user stories to JIRA
- Sending story documentation to JIRA
Sending user stories to JIRA
Go to the Changes grid, switch to user stories list and find the story you wish to send to JIRA.
Click to edit a given story in either the modal window or in-grid. Find the "JIRA Dev Project" standard field and select the target JIRA project. Then confirm by clicking the "Update" button.
Once you've confirmed, click on the blue arrow in the right side of the screen to open a contextual right panel for the selected story. Click on the three dots next to the name of the story and choose "Send to JIRA".
- A new story will be created in JIRA based on your Elements story. I
- f you select an Elements release for a story it will be carried over to JIRA upon sending it. Either a new JIRA fixVersion will be created from that release or the Elements release will be linked to an existing fixVersion if it has the same name.
- The release data is sent to JIRA once and is not updated when story is updated.
- Any update to an Elements story will automatically be pushed to JIRA and vice-versa (depending on your field mapping configuration)
Sending story documentation to JIRA
Install our chrome extension to be able to access any documentation, salesforce metadata or diagrams that you linked to a story during your analysis.
Once you install the extension and log in (using the same credentials you use for the application) choose the right JIRA project connection details to enable the right panel for stories from that project.