As a consultant you decide how you want to bill your clients for the use of the Elements software.
There are 3 ways to bill clients:
- You get the client to pay for the licenses and deal directly with us. This does not change your relationship with them to deliver your services. We only provide the software.
- You pay for the licenses and charge the customer. At the end of the project the client will then need to continue to pay if they want to access the services at the same level.
- You pay for the licenses but charge the customer a monthly retainer which covers licenses and any other bundled services such as Org maintenance, Org documentation, process mapping support, process compliance and versioning.
Inside Elements Catalyst we track licensing and payment against a Space, so you can use different approaches with different clients.
Licensing by Spaces
You will have one Space per client. Think of a Space as a separate installation of Elements Catalyst.
The only exception is if you are working with a client who consciously wants to separate the Spaces for various areas of their operations. (e.g. global enterprise within different divisions or group of companies without separate operating companies – i.e 1 space with separate sets of content, resources, reference models and Salesforce implementations). You can purchase multiple Salesforce connection licenses which allow you to manage multiple implementations within a single space. So even large complex Salesforce landscapes can still be managed in a single space. Make sure you understand these options before working with multiple spaces at a client.
Elements Catalyst Editors & Viewers
You will have one Space per client. Think of a Space as a separate installation of Elements.
Each Editor in a Space will need a paid for license. All Viewers in Space are free.
You will need an Editor license for each team member developing process diagrams or adding documentation (consultants and client Admin and Business Analysts). As a minimum you can access the full Pro Space capability to clean up and document your Org with just one Editor. Everyone else - developers, managers - will only need Viewer licenses to access and collaborate on content.
You will have one Space per client. So if a consultant is working on 3 different clients projects in 3 Spaces and is editing, they they will need 3 separate Editor licenses. They still have a single Elements Catalyst user login, but are paying for edit rights within a Space.
Administration and ownership of the Space can be passed over to the client at any time in the discovery, delivery or lifetime of an engagement. The Space Admin controls who has what access and rights.
There are 2 levels of Spaces
- FREE: simple process mapping
- PRO: version controlled process mapping, requirements & user stories sync’d to JIRA, URL link library, Salesforce Org Models and Org analysis (sync 1 Production and up to 3 Sandboxes), Ref Models for 3rd party systems and governance
User Adoption licenses are based on the number of end users that need to access the in-app pop-up help.
Corporate IT Management which provides Single Sign On, user management and IT Policy management.
Here is the Elements Pricing page
For support on using Elements Catalyst there are 3 places
For help on partner related questions or to talk about a client opportunity
- email email@example.com