Permissions Required to run the Sync
When connecting Elements Catalyst to an Org a Salesforce user account is required to authenticate to Salesforce. This results in an OAuth refresh token being provided to Elements which is stored and subsequently used to login to Salesforce for each Sync.
The user account that is used to run the sync has to have the following permissions in order for the sync to work:
- View All Data - this is required to allow the field data population to run.
- View All Users - this is required for the analytics reporting
- View Setup and Configuration
- View All Custom Settings
- Author Apex
- API Enabled
- Manage Sharing
- Manage Users
- Manage All Private Reports and Dashboards
- Modify Metadata Through Metadata API Functions - this is required to execute the sync
- Run Reports - this is required to be able to access the report definition
The following Object permissions will also be required if the Elements Catalyst managed package has been installed.
- The Batch Log object requires Read, Create, Edit and Delete permissions
The following Apex classes have to be enabled if the Elements Catalyst managed package is installed
A user with the Standard User profile and these permissions will be able to run the full sync process.
A user with System Administrator permissions will have these permissions by default.