The multi-space editor license allows consultants to create an unlimited number of PRO spaces for their clients and to be invited to join any existing space in the system as an editor without requiring a separate license from a client. The PRO spaces created through the license come with the Salesforce implementation license turned on by default and set for 90 day trial - at no cost. After 90 days, the $1,000 per year cost per connection license becomes due.
This license is only available for consultants who are part of our partner program at $500 per named user license within the Partner. As the license is available through the partner program, any licenses purchased by the clients on the spaces created by multi-space editors will yield a referral %. Click here to learn more about how to earn the commission.
- Setting up the consultant license
- Setting up a new PRO space for a client
- Joining an existing space as an editor
- Transferring the license between consultants
- Transferring a space to a client
Setting up the consultant license
To start using the multi-space consultant license you need to:
- Join our partner program.
- Requesting the specific number of consulting licenses you require either through the chat icon or by emailing us at email@example.com
- We can then invoice and provision. If you require a quote to raise a PO, please inform us and we can send a formal quote.
As part of the package, you will receive a free corporate management license. We recognize that in the world of consultants, there are frequent changes with employees and associates in the company working on various projects and different times. The corporate management allows you to keep track of multiple projects and allocate and re-allocate users and licenses as required.
Important: corporate management requires a custom domain. If you don't have a custom corporate domain, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to set one up for your company.
Once invoice is pad and licenses allocated:
1.Go to corporate management
Click on the little globe icon in the upper right corner of your screen in the main application.
2. Assign licenses to users.
Go to the users' list, select a user and assign a license by turning on a switcher in the right sidebar. That user is now the multi-space consultant!
Setting up a new PRO space for a client
As a multi-space editor, any new space you create is automatically a PRO space with all the core business analysis tooling. The Salesforce implementation license is enabled automatically for 90 days at the moment when the Salesforce Org is connected.
Joining an existing space as an editor
The other benefit of the multi-space consultant license is that you can join any existing client space in the Elements Catalyst system as an editor without using that space's pool of editor licenses. In other words, you can join any space and start editing without any extra cost for either you or the client.
Transferring the license between consultants
How to deal with situations when a consultant leaves a company and someone else needs to replace them on a client project?
While you can use the corporate management to deactivate a user account you cannot remove a multi-space editor license from that account as long as that user is the only Space admin on any PRO space.
In order to sort out Space (and client project) ownership after an employee has left use Corporate Management to add a different consultant to the Spaces that were previously owned by the ex-employee and make them a new Space Admin. Check out this article to learn how to do it.
Transferring a space to a client
When a client is ready to purchase the space and its content from you you can aid them by either:
- granting them the billing manager permission so they can purchase the editor licenses with the credit card (we recommend this option if the client would prefer to retain some flexibility and is only interested in the core business analysis functionality)
- contacting us at email@example.com to raise an annual invoice for a client (if the client is interested in the Salesforce implementation and adoption licenses as well)
Once the licenses have been paid for go to Space management and grant Editor licenses to the clients and make at least one of them the Space Admin.
Then the corporate admin has to change the primary domain of the space in the corporate management's space list. At this point, space will be fully owned and controlled by the client.