Setting up Elements Catalyst Demo Space
When you join the Partner program you get unlimited use of an Elements Catalyst PRO Space for demonstrating to clients, as a learning environment for your colleagues and to create useful template content. Ongoing client work requires a new space (see below).
The first job is to create a Space which will be your demo Space.
If you haven't already done so;
Navigate to the Elements.cloud Spaces page.
Create a new Space (Blue "NEW SPACE" button in top bar)
Create a suitable name (you can change this at any time btw).
You can create the Space as a trial and then email email@example.com with the name of the space asking specifically for it to to be made your "Partner demo space".
A quick summary on the principles of Spaces
- A Space is secure, ring-fenced work area. Think of it as an "implementation of Elements Catalyst"
- DO NOT think of Spaces as folders. A corporate will probably only have ONE Space. A consulting firm will have one Space for internal operations and a separate one for every client.
- You can invite users to Spaces. They can then only see what is in that Space - provided they have been given view or edit rights. Every user in a Space can see the other users.
- The demo space will have a single SF connection license enabled which allows to connect 1 Production Org and up to 5 Sandboxes (what we call a Salesforce implementation). Each PRO space requires a separate Connection license for each SF implementation.
- To connect multiple Salesforce implementations (multiple Salesforce Orgs) - to a single Catalyst Space you can purchase multiple connection licences
- An Elements Catalyst user can be a member of multiple Spaces. One login - multiple Spaces. You can switch between Spaces.
- Whoever sets up the Space is the Admin. But you can assign admin rights to multiple people and Admin rights can be transferred by assigning admin rights to another, who then removes yours. So a Space could be set up by a consultant and then transferred to the client at the end of the project. Or you could continue as the Admin and charge the client a monthly fee for managing the Space.
- A Space can be FREE, PRO, or PRO-TRIAL.
- Finally, a normal client user needs a separate Pro editor license for each Space they are an editor in. As a Viewer they can view, comment and collaborate at no cost.
- Partners have the option of purchasing "Multi-space Consultant Licences". (see details here). These allow consultants to be editors in any number of spaces, at no additional cost. Consultants can also create any number of Pro spaces at no additional cost. This is a compelling proposition for any SI, particularly those looking to offer this capability as a managed service to clients.
- There are two additional licence types: Adoption licences (feedback mechanism from within Salesforce routed to SF admins) Corporate Management - provides user provisioning, governance, policies and control across all Spaces for a set of domains. See details for both at elements.cloud/pricing
Create a new Space for a new client
- Log into Elements Catalyst using your email address as username.
- Navigate to the Elements.cloud Spaces page.
- Create a new Space (Blue "NEW SPACE" button in top bar)
For each new client you will create a new Pro Space which is dedicated to them. This is NOT the demo Space you have just created.
As a partner, there are two options to creating your client Pro space.
- You (or your client) can create the space and click "Try Pro for free" to run a free 14 day trial, after which a minimum of 1 Pro editor licence and 1 Salesforce connection licence is required to maintain the Pro space synch'd with your Salesforce Org.
- If you have a Consultant licence (see details here), you can create an unlimited number of Pro spaces using that licence, and each will have a 90 day free trial of the Salesforce connection licence. At the end of the 90 days, a Salesforce connection licence is required to maintain your Salesforce Org model, but the Space remains Pro with the named consultant(s) as editors at no additional charge. If the client does choose to purchase additional licences, this can be done at any time.
In both cases, you have complete control as Space admin to invite other consultants and clients to the client Space that was created.