When a Salesforce Sandbox is refreshed what has actually happened is that a new Org has been created with the same URL, same user account IDs but a new Org ID.
This means that the link in Elements Catalyst to the previous version of the Sandbox will now not work and the linkage has been broken.
The good news is that it is simple to reconnect the Org Model to the new sandbox. DO NOT delete the Org Model or disconnect the Org Model switcher in the Elements Catalyst Space Management | Connection pages - this will delete the Org Model and associated data.
Reconnect the refreshed Sandbox using the following steps
If Elements managed package is installed into the source Org that the Sandbox was created from then there is no need to install the Elements Catalyst package. If the Org does not have the managed package installed then reinstall . LINK
If the Sandbox was created from an Org that had Elements Catalyst managed package installed and was connected then you will get a warning message (as shown below). However, since Elements Catalyst does not recognize the Sandbox ID it results in the Sandbox treating the connection as broken and will not allow a reconnect to take place.
- Go to the Elements Catalyst Settings tab in the Elements Catalyst application. If the Quickstart option is shown goto Manual setup.
- Log into Elements Catalyst using your Elements Catalyst credentials. (If you have only every used your Salesforce login you will need to set an Elements Catalyst password. The easiest way to do this is go to the Elements Catalyst login page and request a Reset of your password.)
3. The bottom panel, Elements Catalyst Space Details, will allow you to select a Space. Click the 'Overwrite sandbox connection' checkbox. This changes the behavior so only existing sandbox Org Model connections in Elements Catalyst can be selected. Make sure you do select the correct one. if not you will hijack a different Org's Org Model.
4. Select the existing Org Model that you want to reconnect to and hit Save.
5. In Elements Catalyst, go to the Elements Catalyst Space Management | Connections for the space that contains the Org Model.
6. In the Connections page you will need to Re-authenticate to the new Sandbox. Go to the Connection panel for the new Sandbox Org and click on the 'Refresh authentication token' link in the bottom
You have reconnected the refreshed Sandbox to the Elements Catalyst Org Model.