The multi-space editor license provides edit rights on all spaces in the Elements ecosystem. This means a consulting user can be invited into any given space and provided with edit rights at no additional cost.
A Consulting licence holder also has special rights on a space which they have created. They can request the space to be upgraded to:
(1) Project Space
This is in effect a specially extended 90 day trial which provides full Enterprise capabilities, 3 additional editors (for clients to experience and use Elements) - and a Salesforce Connection licence. The mechanics are simple. Create a new space and select "Start Trial" in the right panel. Overnight, Elements will validate that the space owner has current Consulting Licence rights and will update the space to a 90 day Consulting Trial.
(2) Consulting Space
This is a space which is owned by the consultant to be run as a managed service by the Consultant for a client. There is no additional cost if the only editors on the space are Consulting Licence holders. If the space requires additional licences to be purchased (e.g. a Salesforce Connection licence, Enterprise level based on number of users or additional Editors for the client) - then these licences would need to be purchased by the consultant on behalf of the client and charged on as a managed service. If the client wishes to purchase the licences, then they become a normal Elements client, purchasing licences direct and the space can be transferred to them by changing the primary domain.
There is no limit to the number of spaces a consultant licence holder can create, but the licence must be current to access the above rights.
How do I get a Consulting Licence?
This license is only available for consultants who are part of our partner program at $500 per named user license per year.
- Setting up the consultant license
- Enterprise space for a client project
- Joining an existing space as an editor
- Transferring the license between consultants
- Transferring a space to a client
Setting up the consultant license
To start using the multi-space consultant license you need to:
- Join our partner program.
- Request the specific number of consulting licenses you require either through the chat icon or by emailing us at email@example.com
- We can then invoice and provision you. If you require a quote to raise a PO, please inform us and we can send a formal quote.
To administer the Consulting Licences, we nominate an initial "Corporate Administrator" who can allocate the Consulting Licences to the required people in your organisation. The Admin does not have to allocate a Consulting licence to themselves and they can also allocate Corporate Admin rights to others. To receive a Consulting licence, a user must be part of the same email domain. The corporate management license. allows corporate Admins to keep track of multiple projects and allocate and re-allocate users and licenses where new consultants join or existing ones move on.
Important: Corporate Management requires a custom domain in order to function. If you don't have a custom corporate domain, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to set one up for your company.
Once you have been informed that Consulting licenses have been allocated:
1. Go to corporate management
Click on the cog icon in the upper right corner of your screen in the main application and select "Corporate settings" from the dropdown list.
2. Assign licenses to users.
Go to the users' list, select a user, and assign a license by turning on the "Multi-space editor" toggle in the right sidebar. That user now has Consulting licence allocated.
Enterprise space for 90 days on a client project
If you want a dedicated Space for consulting work on a client project, simply create a new Space, then reach out to us via the chat icon or email (email@example.com) and ask us to upgrade that Space to a Project Space.
A Project Space:
- Gives you full, Enterprise-level capability for 90 days
- Provides a single "Salesforce Connection Licence" for a Production Org and derivative sandboxes,
- Allows you (and other consultants with the multi-space license) to create content
- Provides 3 editors for clients to create content during that 90 days. Should they require more licences (and continued edit access past 90 days), they will need to purchase editor licences (see elements.cloud/pricing - for editor licences and how to extend the salesforce connection licence and Enterprise capabilities past 90 days)
- If you wish to provide ongoing access to Elements to your client as a Managed Service (with or without additional licences), You can ask for the space to be converted into a "Consulting Space" and contact us via chat or firstname.lastname@example.org to procure and deploy the appropriate licensing.
Joining an existing space as an editor
The other benefit of the multi-space consultant license is that you can join any existing client space in the Elements Catalyst system as an editor without using that space's pool of editor licenses. In other words, you can join any space and start editing without any extra cost for either you or the client.
Transferring the license between consultants
How to deal with when a consultant leaves a company and someone else needs to replace them on a client project?
While you can use the corporate management to deactivate a user account you cannot remove a multi-space editor license from that account as long as that user is the only Space admin on any PRO space.
In order to sort out Space (and client project) ownership after an employee has left, use Corporate Management to add a different consultant to the Spaces that were previously owned by the ex-employee and make them a new Space Admin. Check out this article to learn how to do it.
Transferring a space to a client
When a client is ready to take over "ownership" of the space, they will need to purchase at least 1 editor licence and they will need to take on the annual renewal for at least 1 connection licence. If they are using any of the Enterprise level features, they will also need to pay based on the number of Salesforce licences in associated Salesforce Orgs - or total number of Elements users - whichever is the greater.
Mechanically, they will also need to be made Space Admin
- Contact us at email@example.com to discuss purchasing, obtain quotes, and support you in helping the client understand what and how to buy the appropriate annual licences.
- Once the licenses have been paid for go to Space management, grant Editor licenses to the clients, and make at least one of them the Space Admin.
- Now you will be able to transfer the primary domain. This effectively transfers the space "ownership" (e.g. their domain becomes the primary admin). You can still retain edit access, be a space admin, or even continue to look after the space on a managed service basis, but they will be listed as the primary domain.
At this point, the Space will be fully owned and controlled by the client.
If you have any questions about the use of Consulting Licences, please ask via chat or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org