Mid June 2019
Salesforce help usage insights: We made Salesforce adoption even more powerful. End users can now upvote and downvote provided help while admins can check the number of views, end user votes and other useful metadata on each attachment and link by simply rolling over them in the right panel. We also added aggregate charts and view history over time on the object level.
Requires adoption license
'Feedback alerts' Salesforce chatter group: For each connected Salesforce Org you can create a chatter group where you will be able to see all user feedback submitted via the extension on that Org. We work, where you work.
Requires adoption license
Release training : We are proud to announce the commencement of phase 1 of the governance support by introducing release acknowledgment. You are now able to associate user groups with particular diagrams using a new app, then choose which of the newly published content you want end users to acknowledge that they have seen and understood.
Requires Corporate Management and PRO or Enterprise space
Corporate user management: Users with the corporate management license are now able to set a "default" space which will automatically add any user from the controlled domains to the selected space. Together with user provisioning, you can now make sure all users have access to the appropriate content. Also, we introduced new rules that allow you to delete user accounts and make sure no corporate content is lost in the process.
Requires Corporate Management
- Descriptions for Managed package objects, fields etc. no longer counted in SF analytics: For a long time descriptions for Managed package items like objects, fields, etc. were counted in Org Documentation charts of SF Analytics. However, as users have no control over descriptions of managed packages, we removed them from the calculation.
- Sync scope control: You can now control whether reports should be included in the Org sync. This is important because for larger Orgs reports often cause the sync to break due to the sheer amount of existing reports.
Salesforce Org model reports improvements: We listened to your feedback and we improved all 5 field reports: access, % filled, usage, GDPR and Managed Package reports. All of them now follow the same, more familiar structure of initial columns with field label, field api name, parent object label, parent object api name, and type to make the data search and presentation easier.
Requires PRO or Enterprise space
- Ability to leave a reply visible from the start: In the past you had to click on a comment left by a user to be able to leave a reply. Now the option to leave a reply is visible from the start to make it easier and more intuitive to collaborate.
- Edit rights management moved to new app: We launched a new Map Management app which aim is to help manage diagram access much faster and set up various governance tasks (check out the article on release training). As a result we moved the diagram edit rights management to this new app and it is no longer available in diagram editor.
- Easier space deletion: Rather than typing the space name, simply type in "Delete" to confirm space deletion.
- Versioning naming convention changed: We renamed "Current" diagrams to "Published" diagrams after hearing some customers were a bit confused by this naming convention.
- Report export does not apply filters: We fixed a bug that caused report filters not being set in exported files.
Showing deleted groups in group list: We fixed a bug where a deleted group was still showing in the group list
Late April 2019
- Salesforce help in classic and lightning: You can now provide end user help in both classic and lightning object record pages. You can manage available help on objects, fields and even record types.
- Push process diagrams as help: You can now use Catalyst to achieve 2 goals at once: document your Org by linking objects, fields and record types to supporting business processes and then push these as end user help with just one click !
- Advanced rich text editor for notes: The rich text notes just became much richer ! Embed videos, images, urls and grids inside a note to make the documentation and salesforce end user help that much more enticing !
- Reports & Dashboards in the Org model: Select a report or a dashboard in the Org model and check out the new and improved list of reports being used by a dashboard / dashboards using a report with the key metadata on rollover.
Early April 2019
Salesforce help: Using our Chrome extension for Salesforce you can now embed training materials for end users at point of need for objects and fields on record pages. Push through a presentation, a document, a video or ask you end users to leave you feedback how to better configure the Org.
Visit our User Adoption trail for methodology tips!
- Fields used: We have finished rolling out the field usage data. There are now 15 different items, from apex classes to validation rules, for which you can check all used fields in the FIELDS tab. On top of that, all listed fields come with key metadata & impact assessment on the rollover.
- Rollovers with metadata in the usage & access tabs: When investigating where a field is being used or what profiles & permission sets can access it roll over the listed items to see a popover window with key metadata about these items.
- Corporate Management of users and spaces: We strengthened the corporate management of users & content in Elements Catalyst. If a space or a user belong to a corporately managed domain then neither can be deleted unless the Corporate Admins agrees. Deleting user accounts also allows the Corporate Admins to choose who will take ownership of deleted user's content.