Elements Catalyst supports admins, business analysts and consultants in managing the full Salesforce implementation lifecycle of their Orgs. It is a holistic product that consists of tools for business process mapping, change management, org documentation, Org clean-up and optimisation, and finally end user adoption. What's more, all these different tools were designed to work efficiently both individually and collectively.
- Video overview
- Key Catalyst tools
- Governance and security
The video provides a good overview of the product and is highly recommended especially for new users. The sections below the video outline the key product areas and are linked to appropriate support articles.
You might also like our Catalyst trails.
Key Catalyst tools
- Business process mapping: Document end to end business processes with a simple yet powerful notation ensuring everyone in the organization is on the same page and can use them as the “operations manual” to find documents, training and apps in context.
- Capturing requirements and user stories: In Catalyst you can capture your high-level business requirements and break them down into actionable user stories. You can define and raise both in the context of your business processes as well your Salesforce Org models to provide further context.
- Documenting a Salesforce Org: Document any part of your Salesforce configuration - attach rich text notes, links to supported business processes, external URLs and documents, even current requirements and stories - to retain the knowledge of your configuration and reduct the risk of breaking your configuration in the future. Best part - the documentation is simultaneously available in Production and all associated sandboxes.
- Clean-up and optimization of an Org: Our Salesforce Org model, the visual representation of your Salesforce Org's configuration, provides a lot of tools to help you clean-up and optimize your Org. Check this article collection to learn about all the different clean-up tools and methods we provide you with.
- Driving Salesforce user adoption: Using Catalyst you can embed in-app, contextual help in Salesforce (process maps, documents, presentations, images etc.) to help users understand how to use Salesforce better and you can collect feedback from end-users at a point when they run into trouble.
Excited? Well, there is more ! Core platform features section includes support articles on other functionality you can find and use across all these different modules mentioned above.
All functionality and tools mentioned above exist within individual spaces, i.e. working environments. Companies would usually operate with a single space while consultants would have a separate space for each client they work with. Then again, big organisations may opt to have a separate space per business unit or department.
Read this article on spaces to learn more and choose the right model for you.
Governance and security
Elements Catalyst is a 100% cloud app running on AWS (AmazonWebService) with tight integrations into other enterprise apps, such as Salesforce. We are also ISO 27001 certified organisation.
Since business processes, technology models and the mapping between the two are all very sensitive information we provide you a variety of tools to manage and control the access to this information:
- Permissions management on a space: control who can create and edit what type of content.
- Access control: you can restrict who can share content with external users. You can also manage edit rights down to individual process diagrams.
- Corporate management : an additional corporate license allows you to fully control all your corporate users and spaces, apply environment-wide policies and restrictions.
- Private cloud : for an additional fee you can purchase a private environment for your organisation, completely separate from other Catalyst users. That way you can make sure that the only users in the system are your users.