The Lightning Utility Bar is a cool way to give users access to other content within an App, no matter what object they are looking at. Here is the Salesforce Help on Utility Bar
To display diagrams inside the Utility Bar for a Lightning App the managed package integration must been installed into a Production Org, the Org has been connected to a Space in Elements (Free or Pro), and user provisioning has been setup so that Salesforce users have a user account in Elements.
A Lightning component "ElementsDiagramView" is installed with the Elements Catalyst managed package.
What diagram is displayed
The diagram that gets shown is determined by the order of following rules.
- If a Diagram ID has been specified for the Record Type use that.
- If a Diagram ID has been specified for the Object User use that.
- Use a the default Diagram ID setup in the component.
To specify a diagram ID for the Record Type or Object go to the Element Settings tab of the Elements App in Salesforce. Select the Objects sub tab and against the Object or Object/Record Type enter the Diagram ID of the diagram to show.
Configuring the Component
In Salesforce Setup go the Lightning Experience App Manager and edit your App. In the left bar select Utility Items. Then click Add Utility Item. Scroll down and select ElementsDiagramView.
The diagram that gets displayed is based on the following rules
Configure it in the right panel.
- Chose a cool icon.
- Set the Panel Width and Panel Height based on the layout of your diagram
- Select Start automatically so the diagram loads in the background when the user opens the Salesforce page
- Set the default Diagram ID. This is the diagram that will be shown if there is no specific Diagram ID set for the Record Type or Object of the current record. The Diagram ID for a process diagram can be found in the DETAILS tab in the right panel of the diagram or in the URL. For example: 5be3358ecb4a70051575979b in the URL below https://diagram.q9elements.com/diagram/5be3358ecb4a70051575979b
- If no diagram is set for the Object/Record Type and there is no default diagram set them an error message is shown when the utility bar is opened.
- Component height should be the same as Panel Height
Here is an example, with the content displayed in the Utility Bar.
Setting access rights
The users need to have access to the process diagram. Set the access rights in Elements. Go to the maps list and in the SHARE tab in the right panel either select "All users can view map" or give individual users view rights.